Sunday, September 14, 2008

City of Oaks, Week 8 Training

Another off week. My mom had surgery this week, so I had to head up to Krooklyn for a few days. I got my 3 runs in, but no other exercise at all, although I may count Wednesday since I went up and down the hall of the hospital and outside about a thousand times. And I didn't sit much at all. I was on my feet most of the day.

Tuesday's run was reversed from Thursday. I had a 6 mile run on the plan. I don't want to call it a tempo. Not much tempo going on. I ran with Cindy. I don't remember what route we ran. It's kind of a blur at this point. It's been a long week. I ran a little short; only did 5.52 in 1:00:55, which is an 11:02 pace.

Thursday's run was my typical Tuesday intervals. But Brooklyn's a little short on tracks, or at least ones that I was allowed on, so I ran around Dyker Park. Dyker is a park/golf course. It's not too bad to run around, since it's about a 2+ mile loop, and no street crossing. A bit of cars, though, so I had to deal with car exhaust, but that was going to happen anywhere in Brooklyn. My intervals were 2 miles, 1 mile, 2 x 800's. I ended up doing 2 miles, and 2 x 1 mile instead, with a 1.5 mile warm up. My times were 18:07:10 (9:03 pace), 8:36:82 (8:37 pace), and 8:23:40 (8:24 pace). The total run including rest intervals was 6.48 miles in 1:06:47 (10:18 pace).

Sunday's run was a bit tough. It was very humid and mid 70's by the start of the run. I had 16 miles on the plan. I started at Black Creek, ran into Umstead, and did an out and back. It ended up being a solid run. I ran the whole thing, hills and all, although I was dead by the end of the run. That last mile was torture. I ended up running it in 2:59:24 (11:12 pace). Average hr was 154, with a 168 max. I probably hit that max coming up the S hill. Holy crap, that's a long hill when you don't take a break.

Overall, not a bad week. I can't wait for the heat/humidity to die down a bit.

7 weeks to go...

No comments: