Tuesday, October 28, 2008

City of Oaks, Race Week Training

I can't believe that race week is finally here. I'll have a separate blog about the actual race on Sunday, but I still want to get my training for the week logged.

Tuesday's run was a break from the normal track stuff. We ran a 2 mile tempo with a warm up and cool down. We started out Research and down Harrison to Black Creek, and then up the trail parallel to Montibello. The numbers were 1.02 mile warm up at 10:43 pace, a 2.01 mile tempo run at 9:09 pace, and a 1.23 mile cool down at 11:07 pace. The over run was 4.25 miles in 42:43, which is a 10:03 pace. Definitely a good run.

Thursday's run was supposed to be a lite 3 miler, just to keep the legs moving. I ran in the morning by the house in case I got a chance to early vote, which I didn't. I ran 2.94 miles in 27:31, which is a 9:22 pace.

This is it. 3 days to go...

No comments: