Wednesday, October 22, 2008

City of Oaks, Week 3 Training

The week started with some Yasso 800's; 8 to be exact. This is supposed to be a good predictor for marathon pace. So you run a bunch of 800's, take your average time in mm:ss and that should translate to hh:mm in the marathon. So my times were 4:28, 4:10, 4:05, 4:02, 3:58, 4:03, 4:02, and 3:59. That averages to 4:06, so in theory I should be able to do the marathon in 4 hours and 6 minutes. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! That's just crazy talk. My overall workout was 6.38 miles in 1:06:27, which is a 10:25 pace.

Thursday's run was solid. I ran the Black Creek/Harrison loop, which is just under 5 miles. The final numbers were 4.95 miles in 49:31, which is a 10 minute pace.

I added an extra run on Friday this week, since I was working from home and didn't feel like heading in just for the gym. I ran my typical 3.5 mile loop by the house. The numbers were 3.54 miles in 35:17, which is a 9:58 pace.

I attempted the weekend long run on Saturday, since Jen had her triathlon on Sunday. I got a late start, but I finally motivated and got out to Umstead only to find that I didn't have my watch. I didn't have time to head back, get it, come back, run, and make it back for Aidan's party, so I scrapped it for Sunday. I headed out in the afternoon after the morning festivities, which included brunch at Weaver Street Cafe in Carrboro after Jen's tri. BTW, she did really well. I had a 13 miler on the plan, but as I got out, I realized that I just didn't have it in me. I ended up running 10.03 miles in 1:43:40, which is a 10:19 pace. The run was respectable, but I just didn't have it in me for the whole 13. I didn't think it was a big deal, since I added the Friday run in to cover my overall miles for the week.

Overall, I feel good at this point. I feel ready for the marathon. Or at least I hope I am.

2 weeks to go...

No comments: