Wednesday, October 8, 2008

City of Oaks, Week 5 Training

This blog is a little late. I was a bit busy after Sunday's run, but more on that later.

The week started well. I had 3 x 1600's on the plan. The workout went well. I ran them in 8:22, 8:16, and 8:17.

Thursday's run was good as well. I had 10 miles on the plan. I decided to do a late morning run, instead of first thing. The weather was still cool, which was good. I ended up running 9.86 miles in 1:43:56, which is a 10:33 pace.

Sunday's long run was a 15 miler. I planned a 7.5 mile out and back on Black Creek and into Umstead. I ended up taking Reedy Creek to Graylin to the point where it almost meets Ebenezer before turning back. I ended up running the 15 miles in 2:45:23, which was an 11:01 pace. I split the run into 2 7.5 mile laps, which I finished at 11:09 and 10:54 pace, respectively.

After the run I felt amazing. I don't think I ever felt that good after that long of a run. The good times didn't last, though. I somehow decided that this would be a good day to finish tiling my fireplace. After 5 hours of being on my knees, my legs were shot! After the kids went to bed, I melted into the recliner with a glass of wine, thanks to my lovely wife who went to buy it.

Overall, it was a great week.

4 weeks to go...

No comments: